If you publish a paper in which SALMON makes an important contribution, we suggest you to cite the following articles.
- If you use SALMON for electron dynamics calculations of a large-size system, Ref.  that discusses massively parallel implementation utilizing spatial divisions will be appropriate.
- if you use SALMON to calculate electron dynamics in a unit cell of crystalline solid, Ref.  discussing formalism and numerical implementation will be appropriate.
- Ref.  is one of the first implementations of the real-time time-dependent density functional calculation, in particular, instantaneous kick for the linear response calculations.
- If you use multiscale calculation coupling Maxwell equations for the electromagnetic fields of light and electron dynamics, Ref.  discussing the formalism and the numerical implementation will be appropriate.
- Ref.  describes parallelization method for the coupled Maxwell - TDDFT calculations.
- Ref.  describes computational aspects of electron dynamics calculations for periodic systems in many-core processors:
|||Masashi Noda, Kazuya Ishimura, Katsuyuki Nobusada, Kazuhiro Yabana, and Taisuke Boku. Massively-parallel electron dynamics calculations in real-time and real-space: toward applications to nanostructures of more than ten-nanometers in size. Journal of Computational Physics, 265:145–155, 2014.|
|||George F Bertsch, J-I Iwata, Angel Rubio, and Kazuhiro Yabana. Real-space, real-time method for the dielectric function. Physical Review B, 62(12):7998, 2000.|
|||K. Yabana and G. F. Bertsch. Time-dependent local-density approximation in real time. Phys. Rev. B, 54:4484–4487, Aug 1996. URL: https://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevB.54.4484, doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.54.4484.|
|||Kazuhiro Yabana, T Sugiyama, Y Shinohara, T Otobe, and GF Bertsch. Time-dependent density functional theory for strong electromagnetic fields in crystalline solids. Physical Review B, 85(4):045134, 2012.|
|||Shunsuke A. Sato and Kazuhiro Yabana. Maxwell + tddft multi-scale simulation for laser-matter interactions. Journal of Advanced Simulation in Science and Engineering, 1(1):98–110, 2014. doi:10.15748/jasse.1.98.|
|||Yuta Hirokawa, Taisuke Boku, Shunsuke A Sato, and Kazuhiro Yabana. Electron dynamics simulation with time-dependent density functional theory on large scale symmetric mode xeon phi cluster. In Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium Workshops, 2016 IEEE International, 1202–1211. IEEE, 2016.|