How to cite SALMON¶
If you publish a paper in which SALMON makes an important contribution, please cite the SALMON code paper, Ref.  published in Computer Physics Communications.
We also suggest you to cite the following papers depending on your usage of SALMON.
- If you use SALMON for electron dynamics calculations of a large-size system, Ref.  that discusses massively parallel implementation utilizing spatial divisions will be appropriate.
- if you use SALMON to calculate electron dynamics in a unit cell of crystalline solid, Ref.  discussing formalism and numerical implementation will be appropriate.
- Ref.  is one of the first implementations of the real-time time-dependent density functional calculation, in particular, instantaneous kick for the linear response calculations.
- If you use multiscale calculation coupling Maxwell equations for the electromagnetic fields of light and electron dynamics, Ref.  discussing the formalism and the numerical implementation will be appropriate.
- Ref.  describes parallelization method for the coupled Maxwell - TDDFT calculations.
- Ref.  describes computational aspects of electron dynamics calculations for periodic systems in many-core processors:
|||M. Noda, S. A. Sato, Y. Hirokawa, M. Uemoto, T. Takeuchi, S. Yamada, A. Yamada, Y. Shinohara, M. Yamaguchi, K. Iida, I. Floss, T. Otobe, K.-M. Lee, K. Ishimura, T. Boku, G. F. Bertsch, K. Nobusada, and K. Yabana. Salmon: scalable ab-initio light-matter simulator for optics and nanoscience. Comp. Phys. Comm., 235(356-365):, 2019.|
|||Masashi Noda, Kazuya Ishimura, Katsuyuki Nobusada, Kazuhiro Yabana, and Taisuke Boku. Massively-parallel electron dynamics calculations in real-time and real-space: toward applications to nanostructures of more than ten-nanometers in size. Journal of Computational Physics, 265:145–155, 2014.|
|||George F Bertsch, J-I Iwata, Angel Rubio, and Kazuhiro Yabana. Real-space, real-time method for the dielectric function. Physical Review B, 62(12):7998, 2000.|
|||K. Yabana and G. F. Bertsch. Time-dependent local-density approximation in real time. Phys. Rev. B, 54:4484–4487, Aug 1996. URL: https://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevB.54.4484, doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.54.4484.|
|||Kazuhiro Yabana, T Sugiyama, Y Shinohara, T Otobe, and GF Bertsch. Time-dependent density functional theory for strong electromagnetic fields in crystalline solids. Physical Review B, 85(4):045134, 2012.|
|||Shunsuke A. Sato and Kazuhiro Yabana. Maxwell + tddft multi-scale simulation for laser-matter interactions. Journal of Advanced Simulation in Science and Engineering, 1(1):98–110, 2014. doi:10.15748/jasse.1.98.|
|||Yuta Hirokawa, Taisuke Boku, Shunsuke A Sato, and Kazuhiro Yabana. Electron dynamics simulation with time-dependent density functional theory on large scale symmetric mode xeon phi cluster. In Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium Workshops, 2016 IEEE International, 1202–1211. IEEE, 2016.|